Wide Area File Services (WAFS)
Synchronize and Collaborate From Anywhere in the World
Directly targeting and mitigating the risks of traditional file replication methods, Wide Area File Services (WAFS) by Globalscape enables secure file synchronization across disparate offices in near real time, with full record-keeping capabilities. WAFS also addresses issues related to cross-compatibility with various systems and improves end-user transparency, both of which remain difficult when collaborating in an enterprise environment.
Through WAFS, an organization’s employees can access files from anywhere in the world, even in the cloud. Collaboration on complex files is simplified, more efficient, and absent of errors.
Reduce Costs and Time Associated with Enterprise File Synchronization
Collaboration through WAFS is cost and time efficient. With traditional file replication methods, many organizations face high bandwidth use, data latency, and an increase in file errors. With WAFS, as soon as you save your file, it's immediately replicated for instant use by your colleagues thousands of miles away or at the next desk, even with complex files. WAFS securely and easily allows for organizations to share their files between multiple offices, without ever risking a loss in visibility over all of the file activity and history.
- Reduced bandwidth needs/costs - Reduce 95% of network traffic with transparent file replication between servers or desktops on any scale, while boosting performance. Every system on your network will always have the latest version available using almost no bandwidth to access files (from any location). As any file is changed, it is instantly replicated at the byte-level.
- Reduce data loss and corruption - The Vault guards against data loss and corruption by saving both current and past files for easy access. If a file is deleted or becomes corrupt, an administrator can securely retrieve files from the Vault history. You can also access previous versions of files to track changes. Previous versions of files are easily made current, if needed. The Vault makes remote file access and tracking easier than ever.
- Use existing data replication/sharing processes - WAFS works within Windows file system, so an end user can use existing tools and processes. WAFS can work across domains between multiple organizations, whether the file is located in New York or New Delhi.
Real-time Data for Real-time Business
Today’s workforce is global, but long distance collaboration shouldn’t mean long delays. File synchronization and replication through Wide Area File Services means you can work with colleagues in real time anywhere in the world, getting the most relevant and current data while collaborating on any project, without the wait.
With WAFS you can protect the accuracy and integrity of your data while you and your colleagues are working on a file.
- Improve data transmission of large files - WAFS moves data as soon as it senses changes to the file, but only the changes are sent over the network rather than the entire file. When paired with Autodesk® Revit®, users from locations around the world can access and share files over a WAN at local-area-network speeds. This means faster and more reliable element borrowing and multi-user access to entire work sets.
- Never lose edited files again - By using Windows standard native locking feature, WAFS prevents disparate teams from overwriting each other’s edits, mitigating redundant workflow and miscommunications.
- Use existing security - Once configured, WAFS behaves as any other shared file storage would and does not require IT administrators to provide separate security or storage management controls.
- Work offline while still syncing your files - Continue working on documents offline via your desktop. When the system goes back online, the file changes are synchronized. WAFS allows the admin to choose which version to keep, or to revert to a previous version, if more than one person changed the file while the system was offline.
- Fast, easy installation - No additional hardware is required to install the small and easy-to-configure file synchronization solution.